Friday, March 20, 2015

A LESSON by Monica-Angel Gellar





A LESSON

I've learned a lot of lessons
In the short time I have lived
I've learned how to appreciate
And I've learned how to give.

But in these past few months

There's two I'll remember most
I've learned how to love
And I've learned to let go.

You entered my life with such a force

And left it with one as strong
And though we tried to make it last
We both knew it wouldn't be long.

I lie at night and think about

How I'm the one to blame.
If only I would have trusted you,
I could have missed this pain.

And so I spent each day of my life

With my heart in pieces
And when I thought it could never be cured,
Something happened; I expected it least.


I guess my soul was all cried out,

And it was tired of being used.
And even though I know I'm guilty,
I was tired of being accused.

And so I've learned to end this

Without an urge to cry
These are my final words to you,
"I love you and goodbye."