Monday, May 14, 2012

LOVE POEMS










YOU MAKE ME HAPPY



You make me happy
You fill my world with hope
You’ve changed my life
In ways you’ll never know




You have a special way
Of making me feel
More valuable than I believe I am
Your soft and gentle smile
Speaks to my heart
As if you truly understand





When something is on my mind
Or weighs heavy on my heart
You always seem to know
What I want to say
Before I ever start





When I just need to talk
To sort through my emotions
Or to clarify my thoughts
You listen with ease and devotion
And I no longer feel distraught





I’m so lucky to have you in my life
Every day that you’re with me
Is another day that I’m thankful
And so incredibly happy













THERE ARE TIMES


There are times
when I feel your presence
at my side

There are times
when I hear you say
it will be alright

There are times
when I see
your face in a crowd
and I turn around

There are times
when I miss you
and my heart begins to ache
and I smile through the pain

But then there are times
when I realize
this is just the way
it has to be
there’s no you and me

There are times when
I feel strong
and I know that I
can finally move on

There are times when
my mind is at ease
and I can enjoy life
and all it can bring

There are times when
I miss you
and times when I’m okay
it’s getting better everyday

No matter how much time
there is in this life
I’ll think of you
from time to time
and remember you with a smile.












YOUR  SMILE



When the day has been long
and the troubles last into the night
All you’ve gotta do is smile
and everything is suddenly alright





When I feel the weight of the world
upon my shoulders
and let things get under my skin
All you’ve gotta do is smile
and I’m ready try once again





When words or actions of another bring me down
Or if I’m feeling pretty low
All you’ve gotta do is smile
and I know I’m not alone





When I’m hard on myself
and find it difficult to believe in me
All you’ve gotta do is smile
and I know I can accomplish anything





Your smile does so many things
it brightens up my day
Your smile is like a promise
that things will be okay





Your smile is all I really need
to ease fear, disappointment or doubt
Your smile lightens my heart
and it’s something I never want to be without










YOU AND ME

You and me
we’ve been through everything
We’ve stood the test of time
We’ve weathered every storm
and still, here we are





You and me
we’ve had our ups and downs
We’ve gone around and around
We’ve seen it all
and we’re still here





You and me
we’ve been good together
and we’ve been on our own
but we are at our best
when we are where we belong





It’s you and me
We are meant to be
No matter what may come our way
We’ll be together always